GEORGIA'S RURAL CENTER PHOTO CONTEST
The 2023 Photo Contest will open on May 1, 2023. Read below for more details on how to submit your rural Georgia photo!
Do you take photos of rural Georgia? Show us your best photos in Georgia's Rural Center Photo Contest!
We are looking for photographs that capture a moment, landscape, people, product, or service that represents what rural Georgia is to you and your community. Join us in celebrating the beauty and culture of rural Georgia by entering our photo contest!
The contest categories include:
Crops, Livestock, Georgia Grown, Wildlife , Natural Resources
Communities, Organizations, Leadership
in rural Georgia
People of rural Georgia
The 2022 Georgia’s Rural Center Photo Contest photo submission period begins
May 1, 2023, at 8 A.M. EST and ends May 19, 2023, at 11:59 P.M. EST.
Voting will open May 24, 2023, on Facebook for the winners of each category and an overall winner. Voting will close June 2, 2023, and winners will be announced June 6, 2023.
The Georgia’s Rural Center Photo Contest is hosted by Georgia’s Rural Center (Center for Rural Prosperity and Innovation) and sponsored by the ABAC Foundation. This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. or other social media sites.
WINNERS & PRIZES
The top photo will be selected for each category. The Best Overall photo will be selected by having the largest number of votes across all categories.
Best overall winner - Amazon $100 gift card + Georgia’s Rural Center Tumbler + Magnolia Loom t-shirt
(5) Individual, category winners - Amazon $50 gift card + Georgia’s Rural Center Tumbler + Magnolia Loom t-shirt per category
All images must be submitted though the Wufoo form.
You may enter up to 10 photos. Georgia’s Rural Center reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
1. Open to all photographers (amateur and professional) at least 13 years of age. Employees of Georgia’s Rural Center and immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
2. Photos must be taken in rural Georgia. (See rural counties.)
3. Digital photos only are accepted.
4. File sizes should be under 20 MB for each photo. We may request higher resolution images from finalists.
5. Photos must be in png or jpeg/jpg/png formats.
6. Each user may submit a total of 10 entries during the entry period.
7. Cropped photos are eligible.
8. We do not accept photographs that have been significantly digitally enhanced or altered. Minor adjustments in contrast, color adjustments, and sharpening are acceptable.
9. Photographs are only eligible to win if they relate to the category (Water Tanks; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Communities, Organizations, Leadership in rural Georgia; Downtown in rural Georgia; People of rural Georgia) in which they were submitted. Choose the category that best fits your photo! For example - if it is a person in a field, it fits better in the People of Rural Georgia category rather than Ag and Nat. Resources.
10. For a photo taken on private property, and/or a person and/or minor is recognizable, and/or the photograph contains any material that is not owned by the entrant, the photographer is responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Georgia’s Rural Center upon request and before award can be presented.
11. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
Voting period will take place between
May 24, 2023 at 12:00 P.M. and JUNE 2, 2023, at 3:00 PM.
Voting will occur on Facebook through the Rural Center's page. The top photo in each category with the most likes will be the winner in each category. You may share the photos from the albums on Facebook, and likes on the original photo on the Rural Center Facebook page will only count. Likes on shares do not count. You have to like the original photo. This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
The top photo for each photo will be selected through "likes" voting on Facebook through the Rural Center Facebook page.
A panel of photographic professionals/experts and staff/Georgia’s Rural Center staff will select the top 10 photos in each category to be voted on by people on Facebook. The photo that receives the most overall likes no matter category is the overall winner, and then each category will have a winner. The judges will use the following criteria to judge the top 10 entries for each category:
HOW WILL YOUR PHOTO BE USED?
Your photographs help Georgia’s Rural Center further its mission and showcase rural Georgia, the communities we live and grew up in. By entering the contest, all entrants grant Georgia’s Rural Center and other Authorized Parties the irrevocable license (nonexclusive and royalty-free, in perpetuity) to do the following without compensation now or hereafter, but not limited to:
1. Use, reproduce, distribute, display, or create new works from your photograph(s) on our website and in publications created and distributed for academic and educational purposes.
2. Use your name, location, and caption in promotions, website, and other publications.
Each entrant in the Contest is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit the photos to the Contest. By entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC), Georgia’s Rural Center (Center for Rural Prosperity and Innovation), and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest (collectively, "Losses"), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity rights. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. We reserve the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason.
Inappropriate Content: Inappropriate content will not be considered. We retain sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.