GEORGIA'S RURAL CENTER PHOTO CONTEST
Do you take photos of rural Georgia? Show us your best photos in the Georgia's Rural Center Photo Contest!
We are looking for photographs that capture a moment, landscape, people, product, or service that represents what rural Georgia is to you and your community. The contest categories include:
Crops, Livestock, Georgia Grown, Wildlife , Natural Resources
Communities, Organizations, Leadership
in rural Georgia
People of rural Georgia
The 2021 Georgia’s Rural Center Photo Contest photo submission period begins
February 1, 2021, at 12 A.M. EST and ends February 28, 2021, at 11:59 P.M. EST.
The Georgia’s Rural Center Photo Contest is hosted by Georgia’s Rural Center (Center for Rural Prosperity and Innovation) and sponsored by the ABAC Foundation. This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. or other social media sites.
WINNERS & PRIZES
The top five photos will be selected by the people by total votes. A photography expert will select Best Overall and Best of Rural Georgia awards in addition to category winners.
Best overall winner - Amazon $100 gift card + Georgia’s Rural Center Tumbler + t-shirt
Best of rural Georgia winner - Amazon $100 gift card + Georgia’s Rural Center Tumbler + t-shirt
(5) Individual, expert-chosen category winners - Amazon $35 gift card + Georgia’s Rural Center Tumbler + t-shirt per category
(5) Individual, people's choice top 5 winners - Georgia's Rural Center t-shirt to the top five
All images must be submitted though Votigo.
You may enter up to 4 photos per day. Georgia’s Rural Center reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
1. Open to all photographers (amateur and professional) at least 13 years of age. Employees of Georgia’s Rural Center and immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
2. Photos must be taken in rural Georgia.
3. Digital photos only are accepted.
4. File sizes should be under 20 MB for each photo. We may request higher resolution images from finalists.
5. Photos must be in png or jpeg/jpg formats.
6. Each user may submit a total of four (4) entries per day during the entry period.
7. Cropped photos are eligible.
8. We do not accept photographs that have been significantly digitally enhanced or altered. Minor adjustments in contrast, color adjustments, and sharpening are acceptable.
9. Photographs are only eligible to win if they relate to the category (Water Tanks; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Communities, Organizations, Leadership in rural Georgia; Downtown in rural Georgia; People of rural Georgia) in which they were submitted.
10. For a photo taken on private property, and/or a person and/or minor is recognizable, and/or the photograph contains any material that is not owned by the entrant, the photographer is responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Georgia’s Rural Center upon request and before award can be presented.
11. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
Voting period will take place between
March 1, 2021, at 12:00 A.M. and March 14, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
Voting of the People’s Choice will occur on Votigo. The top five photos will earn votes by voting through the Votigo software. You may share the links to the photos and photo contest on Facebook and other social media platforms. This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
The top five photos for people's choice will be selected through popular vote on Votigo.
A panel of photographic professionals/experts/ABAC faculty and staff/Georgia’s Rural Center staff will select the best overall photo and best of rural Georgia photo. The judges will use the following criteria to judge the entries:
HOW WILL YOUR PHOTO BE USED?
Your photographs help Georgia’s Rural Center further its mission and showcase rural Georgia, the communities we live and grew up in. By entering the contest, all entrants grant Georgia’s Rural Center and other Authorized Parties the irrevocable license (nonexclusive and royalty-free, in perpetuity) to do the following without compensation now or hereafter, but not limited to:
1. Use, reproduce, distribute, display, or create new works from your photograph(s) on our website and in publications created and distributed for academic and educational purposes.
2. Use your name, location, and caption in promotions, website, and other publications.
Each entrant in the Contest is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit the photos to the Contest. By entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC), Georgia’s Rural Center (Center for Rural Prosperity and Innovation), and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest (collectively, "Losses"), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity rights. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. We reserve the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason.
Inappropriate Content: Inappropriate content will not be considered. We retain sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.