National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month: The results are in!



June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month and there is an abundance of fresh produce grown right here in Georgia! Even though the month of June is coming to an end, there is a variety of produce grown across the state all year long.

We asked our social media followers which Georgia grown fruits and vegetables they were enjoying this season. The polls allowed voters to choose their favorite fruit (peaches vs. strawberries) and vegetable (Vidalia onions vs. sweet corn). The polls were conducted on both Facebook and Instagram, and the results are in!

On Facebook, 95% voted for peaches, whereas 5% voted for strawberries. When it comes to Georgia grown vegetables, 40% voted for Vidalia onions and 60% voted for sweet corn.

Facebook Results


Instagram followers voted for their favorites, too, resulting in 77% for peaches and 23% for strawberries. When they voted for their favorite vegetable, 25% were in favor of Vidalia onions and the other 75% voted for sweet corn.

Instagram Results


Fruits and vegetables can be enjoyed in a number of ways – desserts, casseroles, on the grill, or fried, but no matter how you eat them, they always taste better when they are Georgia grown. Keep scrolling to see a list of what’s in season right now around the state of Georgia!

In season:

  • Peaches

  • Blueberries

  • Sweet corn

  • Zucchini

  • Cantaloupe

  • Watermelon

  • Vidalia onions

If you're searing for fresh, Georgia grown produce but don't know where to look, check out the Georgia Grown website! Or, if you have any other Georgia Grown favorites that are in season right now, head over to our Facebook page and let us know!

Georgia's Rural Center Logo

ABAC 12, 2802 Moore Highway, Tifton, GA  31793 229·391·4847

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White LinkedIn Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
abac crest white.png

© 2020 by Center for Rural Prosperity and Innovation   |   Proudly designed by .eloise. design co.     |    Photography by Steve Robinson